Monday, January 21, 2008

Off-Topic: In a Rut

I'm sorry I haven't posted any beauties lately. I just got back from a four-day vacation at my parent's house in eastern Idaho--wonderful.

And I just learned that no doctor is willing to give me prenatal care. My insurance covers prenatal care 100%, but all the doctors around here require prepayment of the global fee (prenatal plus delivery)--paid in FULL one month prior to due date. My deductible is huge and I can't afford to prepay. I'm still paying off my appendectomy surgery. (That gives me no option to fire my OB if I don't like service, or changing OBs if we have to move, which there's a 30% chance of that.) So I have insurance to cover my prenatal visits, but can't prepay and therefore don't get care. How ethical is that? I don't know how these doctors can sleep at night knowing that they are turning away pregnant women and babies who need their help.

I'm frustrated and down. I don't even feel like crafting right now. I'd love to run away.

7 comments:

Rosella said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dilema. I cannot believe that you would not be able to have a doctor. Unfortunately I do not have any advice either. I will be praying that there is a solution to your problem, that both you and your baby will be okay not mater what.
God bless you!

Marilyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that!! THat is the most unbelievable thing I've heard!! I'll pray that God works it out for you. I know He can!!

Velta said...

Oh Alana ~ What a mess. However, I am a true believer in prayer and I am sending out my prayers to you!!! I pray for God to turn things around for you and your situation. God Bless !!!

Lesa said...

Oh my goodness! You gotta be kidding me. With one of my babies they wanted the money upfront and I was living in Pocatello at the time. I decided just to go "home" to Idaho Falls, so I traveled to my appointments. It all worked out in the end, but we had a scare with trying to deliver 6 weeks early. I am praying for you girl. I think our health care system has so many flaws. You almost have to be rich anymore to get what you need. That is just wrong on all levels. ((((((hugs)))))))

Kerry J. said...

Oh Alana - my heart breaks for you as I can hear the hurt in your voice/writing. You are in my prayers.

Lorraine said...

oh Alana, i'm sending you hugs! Do you live in the United States? OMG! this is so unbelievable! if you didn't have insurance and were illegal you would be able to get free care. does that make any sense? i will say a prayer for you, and hopefully you will be able to get the prenatal care that is so important to you and your baby

Aimee said...

so sorry to hear that all this is happening to you... hope things get better. We will keep you and your family in our prayers...