Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Off Topic: A Miracle!

I must have called 6 of the 9 OBs that delivery at Mercy Hospital (Nampa, ID) and was turned away by all of them because I wasn’t willing/able to prepay my delivery before the baby came. I cried for 30 minutes yesterday and then put together a difficult 550 piece puzzle to get my mind off of it. (I am addicted to puzzles lately. I've done at least 6 in the past week.)

I made one more phone call to one of the OB docs still on my list: Dr. Gregerson’s office. I asked if they required the prepayment of the delivery fee, and she said no because they often don’t know what my portion will be because the hospital may hit the deductible first—but there’s no way to predict (which I’ve been saying all along). So she scheduled me for an appointment next month and I am swelling with gratitude right now. God really answered this prayer for me. It only took one day, too. Thanks and {{{hugs}}} to all of you who prayed on my behalf! True sisters!

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh yes!! God answers prayer quick doesn't he!! So glad to hear you got a doctors appt. Be sure and keep us posted on how you are doing!!

Kerry J. said...

Yippee! Great news Alana! I'm so glad that your/our prayers were answered so quickly! God is Great!

Velta said...

God is Good!!! See, told ya! Best of news Alana...let us know what is happening...

Velta said...

Whatever your cross, whatever your pain, there will always be sunshine, after the rain. Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall. But God's always ready to answer your call. He knows every heartache, sees every tear, a word from His lips can calm every fear. Your sorrows may linger, throughout the night, but suddenly vanish, by dawn'! s early light. The Savior is waiting somewhere above to give you His grace and send you His love.
~Author unknown

JazzyH said...

That is great. God always answers

Rosella said...

WOW! I am so glad to hear this. God does answer prayer!!
Will keep on praying for you and your little one.

Lesa said...

What awesome news! Isn't it amazing how God answers prayers in his own time. Elder Rapp is seeing this in his mission right now. I am glad that you can now rest and grow a healthy baby without the worry of what might be going on in there. If that doesn't strengthen faith, I don't know what does!

Lori J said...

Alana, congrats on being PG. Glad you were able to find someone to take you.

Sidenote: My BIL/SIL live in Nampa. :0)

Stampin' Meg said...

Oh I am so glad for you. It just seems horrid that everything in life seems to boil down to money.

Michelle said...

Wow, that is frustrating! I know doctors have to eat, too, but isn't there something in the oath about "first do no harm"? Isn't making it impossible for a woman to get prenatal care risking really great harm? Geez! I'm glad you found a doctor.

Stacy said...

PTL! So glad everything worked out!!! =)

RockyMountainStamper said...

Alana--I'm SO glad you found a doctor!!! The health care situation in this nation is getting horrible, isn't it? Prices are going through the roof and quality care is plummeting.

Are you feeling any better these days??? I sure hope so--what a miserable thing!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, sista!!!

Laurie Unger said...

Yea! What a relief! Our health care system is in need of improvement! It seems that they string you along and try to get as much money from you as they can, before fixing the problem, delivering the baby, etc....I'm glad you were able to work through this!

laos348 said...

I am so glad to hear that you found a doctor!!

GinaP said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! What wonderful news! And, way to stick to your guns - that's ridiculous to ask you to prepay for services!!!!!!!!!