Monday, April 16, 2007

Monkeying A*Round

Okay, I realize I need some self control. I will try to use other stamp sets besides the Monkeys in the cards that I post in the next little while. I entered this one in the April "Round & Round We Go" SU! contest. (I'm just hoping to get published on Stamper's Showcase.)

To be quite honest, it was a PAIN to get those vines stamped in a perfect circle. It must have taken a good dozen tries. (Of course, the most perfect image was my first try when I was stamping on scrap computer paper!! I ended up using my sliding glass door as a light table to practice stamping the vines in a circle on white cardstock.)

I love this card because of the pearl-ex mixed with clear embossing powder—on both the vines and "thanks a bunch." It gives a green shimmer under the light. (Note: you only need to add small amount of pearl-ex to clear EP, perhaps a 9:1 ratio. Otherwise, the EP won't stick to the versamark.) Also, I had way too much fun making the grass skirt; although, it was tedious and rebellious at times. And the finishing touch with the monkey hands holding up the thanks image was a necessity. Those little hands are just so darn cute!

Stamp Set: Monkey Business

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery

Inks: Versamark, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Linen thread, pearl-ex, clear EP, eyelets, celery grosgrain ribbon, 1/8" hole punch

P.S. I'm sure this could transform into a cute double slider with some work.

No comments: