Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Springy Day

So this is not the best picture, but I'm too lazy to take another picture. I used some SU! incentive stamps. I was feeling like Spring today now that I'm on the downward slope of my sickness. I got the flu about 9 days ago, got really sick and thought I was going to die (such the drama queen I can be), and then got a bad sinus infection that made me feel like I had 10 rotten molars. Only for the past two days have I been able to do more than shower and feed the kids.

And today I felt like stamping. It's been too long. The darker green paper is textured--which never seems to stick to anything. So I tried Alene's tacky glue and it seems to have worked. I colored using blender pens and ink pads. I used dimensionals to make the little chick and flower images pop. The flowers and umbrella and boots are glazed with glitter. It makes me smile. Hopefully it will make someone else smile when I figure out who to give it to.

16 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

I am glad to hear that you are felling better-it is no fun being sick when you are pg.!
This card is so sweet!

Lesa said...

You poor girl! I hope you don't have to have any more nasty sickness at your house. Stamping is good therapy for sick though! ;) Stay healthy!

UrgentCookie said...

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. Your card is super cute! :0)

ktstamps said...

Great card. Very simple and elegant! WOW! Thank you for sharing! kt

Velta said...

Glad to see you back, I have missed you!!! Sorry you have been so sick, and hope you get better soon. I love the way you cut this cute chick out and 3-D'd it. It really makes the card POP! Keep well :)

Aimee said...

glad to see you are feelin better...

Rosella said...

So sorry to hear you were sick. Good to see you back and inspired. This is a really adorable card! Love the popped up chick with the umbrella.

Kerry Johnson said...

Glad you're starting to feel better! It sucks when you're pregnant and can't take anything! Super cute card - makes me think of spring!

laos348 said...

I am sorry to hear that you've been so sick but glad to hear that you're on the mend. This is such a cute card and I like how you added dimension to the chick.

Anonymous said...

Card is so cute! thanks for sharing. I hope you feel better soon! I know it sucks to be sick when you're pregnant. With all 3 of my pregnancies, I always got the bronchitis! Hang in there!

Stacy said...

Glad you are feeling better! Cute card. =)

Laurie Unger said...

I really like this card! glad to see your feeling better!

Marilyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all your sickness - hope you have recovered from it all and that the stamping was therapy for you!! Happy Easter to you and your family!

jo said...

stunning card

Rosella said...

How are you Alana? I've not been around much lately. Sorry! Hope everything is okay.

Anonymous said...

Finally!
A blog worth reading on forward until the end! :) I really admire the wording in this blog, quite precise to the details but I just might change one or two things, never-the-less, bravo on well choiced words mate.. p.s.>> Thanks for sharing, I actually picked up some knowledge on this one :)
-Have an amazing day!