Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another Update

Sorry my posts have been sparse lately. I've been busy with freelance editing, reading Jane Austen for the first time, and I finally succumbed to the head cold that's been going around. And I don't get to take any good medicine. My youngest has been sick for three weeks--so I'm hoping that this one passes quickly. BTW, I get my first ultrasound on Thursday, and I met my new OB last week. He seems great. Let's hope the baby isn't being modest so we can get a peak to see if it's a boy or girl!

Edit added Feb 29th: My ultrasound went well. I am NOT carrying twins (big sigh of relief). Just one little fetus. Because the baby was still so small, the doctor wasn't 100% sure, but made an educated guess that it's another girl. And she wasn't being the least bit modest. So I guess I'm taking after my mom. She had five girls in a row.

My two little girls both got some bad flu bug--not what I have. Their fevers don't respond well to medicine, so I've been rubbing tea tree oil on them. Poor sick little girls just want to lie around and watch Barbie movies.

11 comments:

Rosella said...

I am so sorry to hear that you and your little darling are not feeling well. I do hope and pray you will feel good very soon!
Thank you for your nice comments on my unattended blog.

Marilyn said...

I totally understand your not being around lately - being pregnant and sick is NOT fun!! I had a dose last week that brought back reminders of how it felt like to be nauseous and pregnant - ugh!! Just take care of yourself, and let us know how you are doing and hope you and your family get to feeling better soon!

Aimee said...

Hope both of you have a speedy recover and good luck on the utrasound...

Lesa said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Make sure and let us know if you find out what the baby is. We just found out this week that my son and his girlfriend (don't ask)are having a little boy either the end of June or beginning of July. They are naming him Easton. Sigh....

Maria said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hear ya being pregnant and sick doesn't go well together. Feel better, same for your little guy. I sure hope you can find out what you are having. I had b/g twins and each time we went for an ultrasound (often because of the twins) we'd ask the tech to double check to make sure it was really b/g! LOLOL Good luck!

Kerry Johnson said...

Hope you feel better soon Alana (and that the rest of your family doesn't get sick either!!!). Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound. Take care of yourself.

Velta said...

Hey Alana ~ I hate that you are sick on top of being prego...and your girls too! Hope you and yours get well soon :)

Stampin' Meg said...

ohhh I hope that you feel better soon, ALana, it's so rought being preggers and then having to deal with a cold on top of it!

Rosella said...

Congratulations on your little girl (probably!) I do hope you and your girls get better soon!

Vanna B said...

Congratulations on your baby-- that is such a joy! I hope your little ones are better soon...

Stacy said...

Congrats on another girl! Hope you and the kiddos are doing better soon!