Monday, February 4, 2008

Another Cupcake

I made another cupcake card--this time a 3-1/2" square card. It was so much fun. I used some scrap DP paper that I bought at Joanns or someplace and wish that I had 10 more sheets of it.

I want to spruce it up a little, but I need some ideas. Should I have done a background stamp on the textured green? Please help.

Recipe
Stamp Set: Treat Yourself
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, cheap kraft, and DCWV textured (color resembles Green Galore)
Ink: Green Galore, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Silver brads, white gel pen, gold glitter pen, glitter, dimensionals

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

I think it looks perfect the way it is!! Looks good enough to eat :) How are you feeling these days - hoping the problems with your OB have eased off!!

Aimee said...

Great cupcake card... I so need to breakout this set and play with it.

Marilyn said...

I think a background stamp on the green would really add that extra bit of ooommph you are lacking. I can't get a really good look at the DP on the card, but I think it is a Making Memories paper. BTW - I LOVE cupcake cards!!

McRachie said...

A stamp in the background would be cute, or even some sprinkles (or sprinklesque beads) to add a little more whimsy.

UrgentCookie said...

These cupcakes are super cute! I think it would give it a little more dimension if you stamped a background on the green part. :0)

Stampin' Meg said...

These cupcakes are TOO cute, Alana. And they are making me totally hungry!!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Hey there Alana, I am one of your SBS Sisters but i don't think I have you on my list. I will add you. This is a great card. Have seen alot of cupcakes lately. Love them. Thanks for sharing. And hope the OB things get better.

laos348 said...

Very nice - I really like how you use the strip of paper.

Laurie Unger said...

Yum! This card is really cute! Makes me want to make cupcakes...chocolate ones!