Friday, February 15, 2008

Last-Minute Anything Card

This one was fun to make. It only measures about 4" by 3-1/2" and would be perfect for those last minute birthday/congratulations gifts. I am using up my DCWV textured cardstock that I've had for two years--I like the colors and texture and it doesn't fade like my SU! papers, but it is so annoying to try to adhere to anything. The color is perfect for this card though.

How do you adhere textured paper? I have tried mono adhesive, glue stick, glue dots all without luck. The only things that work for me are dimensionals or metal fasteners: staples, brads, eyelets. Please share your secrets.

Recipe
Stamp Set: CTMH Birthday Party
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, Whisper White, DCWV textured in a shade like Gable Green
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Accessories: Gable Green eyelets, Green Galore button, linen thread, aquapainter

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very pretty card Alana - about the adhesive - have you tried Aleene's glue - you can buy it at Wal-Mart and it works really well on any paper - it is my glue of choice when I really want things to stick. HTH!!

UrgentCookie said...

Great card. I am no help with the dilema as I haven't really used the textured cardstock. I did pick some up today and hope to be able to use it soon. :0)

Stampin' Meg said...

ohhh last week it was cute cupcakes and now ice cream cones-I always get hungry when I visit your blog!

Anonymous said...

Alana ~ This is a great card...I would never have thought of the one up, one down...givin me inspiration girl!

Vanna B said...

This is very cute Alana.....I try to use 3-D adhesive dots when I really want something to stick....

Kim Ross said...

This ice cream cone card is ADORABLE!! They're colored just right -- making my mouth water. Very cute. :)

Catherine said...

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Love this card! Even though it's only 25 degrees out (a heat wave this time of year), now I want some ice cream!
Catherine
SBS2