Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love Card for a Guy

The past few weeks I've been so busy that I'm too worn out to do stamping. Very sad. I did finish my taxes (finally) and completed two freelance editing gigs, so I can't really complain.

Given that Valentine's day is less than 48 hours away, I thought I had better come up with a manly Valentine's card for my hubby and quick. These are good colors for my man, and I think the hemp-wrapped edges are perfect. I know it's not terribly mushy or lovey-dovey, but it totally works, I think.








Recipe
Stamp Set: A is for Adorable (Hostess set from 2 years ago)
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Ballet Blue
Accessories: Hemp twine, hot glue gun (to secure the edges of the twine), dimensionals, red staples

4 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

It more than works - it's awesome! Very masculine but gets the message across! Beautiful! Hope you get some stamping time soon! How are you feeling? We need a pregnancy update!!

Marilyn said...

I think this masculine card is awesome!! You finished up with taxes - now that is something to be happy about - I haven't even tackled our business stuff yet - ouch!! Hope your pregnancy is going well!

Lesa said...

Great job with the masculine card. I always have such a hard time with masculine for some reason. I really like the colors.

UrgentCookie said...

I like how you stitched around the square. Great work. :0)