Friday, February 1, 2008

Sparkly Cupcakes

I am so sorry for not having posted sooner. So much has been going on, and I've been doing a lot of non-craft (therefore, non-fun) projects--like cleaning out the 2nd half of the garage so that I can park my car in there, too. Cleaning behind the stove. Confiscating all the toys that have littered my house for a week straight. Thinking about doing my taxes. Doing homeschool-preschool. Teaching my girls how to make a cake. Anyways, I'm trying to get back into my groove.

I went over to my friend's house Wed. night and stamped the cupcake parts and watercolored them. Today I cut them out and created a simple Birthday card. It's not fabulous, but it's a start in the right direction. I used the white gel pen to color the candle and the sprinkles, if you can't tell.

I hope you're all doing well!

Recipe
Stamp Set: Treat Yourself
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, some cheap kraft, and Chocolate Chip.
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, Chocolate Chip
Assessories: Glue & Glitter, dimensionals, white gel pen, gold glitter pen (for flame)

PS: For SBS1, Niki is withdrawing from the group. So you can remove her link from your sidebar. Let's all wish her a friendly farewell, too.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

What adorable cupcakes...

Marilyn said...

I've been wondering how you were doing Alana! Glad that you found some time to do some quick stamping - the card is so cute - love the sparkles and the 3D dimension too!

Rosella said...

Nice to see you back Alana. Love the sparkles on your cupcakes, yummy!
Life seems to take over sometimes, LOL!

Stacy said...

This is a really cute card! I love food cards YUM! TFS

Lorraine said...

cute card Alana! glad to see that your back to stamping. Hope all is well with you!

Gina said...

Love the cupcakes! Love the sparkles! Thanks for sharing!